Ideas

Invasive permissions

I’ve been a paid user of Calendar Snooze for years. After upgrading to a new phone, and installing the app on the new phone, Calendar Snooze thinks it’s entitled to have access to permissions above and beyond access to my calendar. WHY???? I can’t tell you what permissions it wants, since the “ok” button on the “missing Permissions” screen does nothing – the only way to get rid of that screen is to kill the application. I’d rather uninstall the application that give it carte blance to access anything beyond my calendar. It’s being too d*mn invasive of my personal information.

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jim Gitzen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminRenzo (Developer, Bitfire Development) responded  · 

Hi,

Calendar Snooze already required this permission since the first version. Calendar Snooze can’t function without this permissions.

As you can read in our privacy statement, all data that is used is not visible to anyone, not even to the developers. All data stays offline and will be deleted from the application’s memory after it is used.

If you don’t want Calendar Snooze to have access to your calendar data, you can just uninstall the application.

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base