Ideas & Bugs

Bug: missed notifications

Hi,
I'm a very longtime user of Calendar Snooze. However, I've noticed recently that my calendar notifications weren't coming through. After much testing, including factory resets, clearing app data, and so on I'm now sure that the problem lies with Calendar Snooze.
After running perfectly without Calendar Snooze for a week using notifications on Google Calendar, after installing Calendar Snooze and disabling notifications on Google Calendar (I don't want two sets of notifications) my notifications failed to come through after about an hour. After uninstalling Calendar Snooze and enabling notifications on Google Calendar they started coming through again.

I've read the article on missed reminders and my Calendar Snooze was set up properly.

I can provide a log file from when this happened.
I'm running the latest version of the operating system (OxygenOS 4.1.6) on my unrooted OnePlus 3T.
If there's anything that I can do to help resolve the problem, please let me know.

92 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bill Goss shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminRenzo (Developer, Bitfire Development) commented  · 

Hi scott,

In the new Calendar Snooze version (3.0.41) we have included a system that syncs the standard calendar database with our own database. The problem is, that in the new Android versions they removed the possibility to detect when a new calendar event is added to the database. This means Calendar Snooze can only sync when the app is opened by the user.

Although this version should be more reliable, we still can't promise a 100% reliability.

The 3.0.41 version should be available to non-beta users by the end of this week.

• Scott Surbrook commented  · 

You CAN fix this problem by duplicating, and syncing with, the calendar database so that you do not have to rely on it's notifications. You appear to have an independent database because on those few times I get a notification and snooze it, I ALWAYS get the follow up reminder.

I realize it stinks to have to do all that work to work around an Android but, but, we, your PAYING customers REALLY need this to be fixed. I LOVE all the features of calendar snooze, which make the Google calendar truly useful, but it is becoming SO UNRELIABLE that I might have to delete the app and use the plain Google calendar for my notifications so that I at least get SOME notifications!

PLEASE with around this bug!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'm missing notifications on my Galaxy Note 8 (SM-N950U1), Android v7.1.1, Calendar Snooze v3.0.4 (327). It appears to be intermittent, but the reminders that do not fire might be the reminders that are far in advance (like a week or 2 days before the event). Hard to tell. Please fix, I'm missing events, and used to be able to count on this app as a must-have. Thank you for listening.

• torsten.kuehn.dresden commented  · 

Same problem Note8 since 2 weeks. The fist notification and alarm are working, but not the next reminder alarms.

• Ibenlone commented  · 

Same problem using Samsung Galaxy S8

• Dean Hiller commented  · 

Android 7. Samsung s8. Not working suddenly after an update to app 3 months back maybe.... or maybe never was on s8....I am not sure

• Maksym commented  · 

After upgrading to Android 7 notifications does not showed.
        Reboot phone, you will see first notification, but next will also not showed.

• Anonymous commented  · 

In the last weeks I didn't get any more calendar notifications from Calendar Snooze.

Maybe it has something to do with the latest Android update. I have Android 7.1.1 on my phone and the latest version of Calendar Snooze 3.0.4.

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact

Can you please fix this problem?

• Sib commented  · 

Same problem on a nexus 6 phone: notifications do not fire at random. Tried to avoid battery optimisation for this app, without success. I'm using the paid version

• Stewart Sucher commented  · 

I'm still having this issue, but now on the pixel 2 XL. It was great for years but suddenly has become unreliable.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree - this has been a great application for years, but now it behaves erratically. My issue might be different than others. I have a Motorola Moto G4. It was working well on Android 6, but after upgrading to Android 7, it stopped working. Now, about half of my reminders do not fire at all.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Agree with everyone. This has been a great app for years! Recently has become reliable. I notice the service does not seem to stay running in the background. Attempts to use Automate to keep it running have not worked yet. Please provide an update on this situation or a fix!?

• sarabjits commented  · 

Anyone working on fixing this? Defeats the whole purpose of this app

• Eyup commented  · 

I get the same mistakes. urgent overhaul required. Samsung S7 Edge Android 7.0
        does not see license. the program does not work after the phone restart. emergency support

• William J. Schilp, PhD commented  · 

just wondering if you guys have fixed the missed reminders issue? i REALLY miss calendar snooze, without question the best one out there. i currently have a pixel on 7.1.2 and the beta seems to work okay. just wondering how your testing is going?

• Tim commented  · 

I use the voice feature. In addition to missing some notifications, I've also had some notifications pop up at random degrees of lateness (10-40 minutes or so). For example it might notify me with "Upcoming event ... occurred 40 minutes ago."

• andre commented  · 

Same here, I miss a lot of notification :(

• Stewart Sucher commented  · 

Same here. Along with this I get a message saying I'm not running the paid version, even though I am. Running nougat on galaxy s6 from verizon.

Feedback and Knowledge Base