Ideas & Bugs

Speech stopped working after update to v3.0 (322)

I just updated to v3.0 (322) today. I like the color option & dark updates. Text to speech is no longer working on my alarms & reminders. Speech is still enabled under both Notification Settings & Reminder Settings. I tried restarting my phone & did a test alarm but still no speech. I'm using HTC One M9 with Android 6.0

29 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Frank Barnard shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dave commented  · 

Same for me. I would like to stick to your app, not switching to another but I really need those speech alerts.
        Any idea in how long we will see a fix? Any temporary workaround?
        Thanks

• Eyup commented  · 

I get the same mistakes. urgent overhaul required. Samsung S7 Edge Android 7.0
        does not see license. the program does not work after the phone restart. emergency support

• Anonymous commented  · 

Same on both Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8 SMT700 V 6 ANDROID and Galaxy S4 mini v4 Android. Also, has reverted to unpaid version despite reinstalling.

When can we expect a fix, please?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Same with HUawei mate 8, Android 7.

• Thomas Moxham commented  · 

Same with nexus 6p on calendar snooze 3.0.3. After a wipe it might fire once properly then nothing. Actually the app doesn't even launch at the right times any more. Not even an alert sound or popup. I have been forced to set standard alarms. Ugh.

• Oki oki commented  · 

Same with Tecno - w5 Android 6

• Tim commented  · 

Same with my LG G4 with Android 5.1. Read your Play Store recent comments, you're losing credibility.

• Chet commented  · 

Verizon update no speech. Snooze v3.0.2 Samsung Droid v 7

• Jimbo commented  · 

I'm having the same problem. Since the upgrade I only get text to speech on about one out of 50 reminders. If I happen to be playing music at the time, the music pauses for the length of time it would take to play the speech, but it's just silence.
        Android 6.0.1 on a Samsung Galaxy S6

• Anonymous commented  · 

hey, i´ve the same Troubles.
        after update to v3.0 there is no speech-output (not with SVOX and not with GOOGLE) in BusinessCalender.
        i use a Samsung Note3

• Frank Barnard commented  · 

I'm not sure what changed on my phone but I just got a spoken calendar alert on a reminder. First time in days. I have not updated Calendar Snooze.

I noticed from another reminder application that recent Android updates have made it difficult or impossible to provide a reminder in less than 10 minutes. That would explain some odd results I've been getting when I snooze an alert for less than 10 minutes.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Same opinion and comment, but on a Motorola Moto G 2nd generation.

Feedback and Knowledge Base